Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Viral Narcissism"...Really??

I first got tagged in the widespread Facebook note "25 Things" a week and half ago. It only took a few days and a few more tags before I decided to cave in to what seemed a little juvenile and post my own. Juvenile-maybe, A huge waste of time-obviously but according to the arrogant asshole at Time who wrote this article, this innocent note was a part of a larger "viral narcissim" sweeping the Facebook community.

Okay....I am not quite sure what exactly is so offensive here. I have read many of my friends' "25 Things" notes and I find them at least a little entertaining, often endearing and perhaps even interesting. I mean, wasting time and revealing far too much about oneself are, in my opinion, the guiding principals of not only Myspace and Facebook (and other social networking sites) but most of the internet as I know it.

Ms. Too-Cool-For-School Time Magazine isn't too awesome for a Facebook so how is it that she is so above "25 Things?" Hmm? I am completely unconvinced she is in fact cooler than me and not apologetic if she finds me narcissistic for maintaining a Facebook account and posting whatever damn notes I feel like posting, even if they are silly chain messages.

Plus, she totally talked shit on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment