Thursday, March 12, 2009

Similarities Between Job-Hunting and Dating:

- An embarrassing amount of time spent wondering "Why is my phone not ringing?"
- Isolated incidents of mild jealously directed at those who have good jobs or meaningful relationships
- Increased desire to watch Lifetime movies
- Incessant refreshing of your e-mail inbox
- Heightened alcohol consumption
- Questionable utilization of Craig's List
- Reduced feelings of self worth
- Excessive baby-talking to ones pet cats...or maybe that is just my roommate
- An unusual desire to both cook and consume baked goods

I reserve my right to edit and/or add to this list pending additional time spent engaged in both activities...however, I am pretty sure I get the gist of the end result: more pounds and less sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment