Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just A Few Quick Thoughts On the Morning Newscast

I love my morning news shows. Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I love the traffic report but I also like to stay on top of the weather forecast (damn I sound boring) and enjoy watching the news and listening to news anchors that are slightly unprofessional and sometimes entertaining.

Being as neurotic as I am, there are naturally things that bug the shit out of me on the morning shows. The less severe, is the weather man, Mark Kriski's, heinous taste in suits and ties. Not all weather reporters can be hot like Jackie Johnson, I know. I also realize that weather men have a reputation for bad suits and ties (with sportscasters being a very close second). However, Mr. Kriski's suits are always too big, he wears too many pinstripes and his ties are always too busy and never coordinate.


Worse, I hate it when Sam Rubin talks about what happened the night before on crappy reality TV. Not that the morning news show is intended to be award-winning journalism, but reality TV is the anti-newsworthy. It just makes no sense. If I cared about what happened on American Idol and Dancing With The Stars, I would have watched and would have no need for the repetitive recap. If I didn't know what happened and needed the full-report on what the judges said and who got eliminated, it probably means that I don't give a shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment